[alfa] Insurance dealings advice

I know there are a few people out there with experience and/or professional
knowledge about how to deal with an insurance co. regarding a claim. Last night
while stopped at a light I was rear-ended by another car that rear-ended her.
In true holiday spirit, the ass that 'did the hittin' took off (not sure how
far he could've gotten in that mashed-up black '80s El Camino SS). Nonetheless,
there is a witness and a police report was taken. No doubt a "Not-At-Fault"
accident on my part, and the damage should be covered under the
Under-/Uninsured section of my policy. Question becomes, how to deal with the
valuation of a '91 164 (best way to assess value in addition to Owner adverts
etc.). The rear bumper and metal under the trunk lid are pushed past the
trunklid edge by about 4-5 inches (trunk won't close), the Q-panel near the
fuel filler lid is buckled, the c-pillar is creased out, right rear door won't
close, rear-shelf is buckled down a bit, some exhaust damage. Don't know what
else may have/have-not happened underneath the car. I imagine they will want to
total the car (135K miles on it), but coming up with a reasonable value is what
we're after. The insurance co. is Metropolitan if anyone has specific
experiences. Regards,

Adam

--
Adam S. Doherty