[alfa] A few questions for the New Year

My spider has had much work $$ and now after a few years of lite driving
(5-7k year) a couple of things are beginning to manifest..Please advise

1.      The car doesnt smoke, but does expel a nasty exhaust after being
driven hard during deceleration It has gotten to the point that I cannot
drive her with the top up and the windows openBTW: she burns about one
quart evry 1500 miles.. I use valoline blend 20-50
2.      Im beginning to hear and feel a banging when releasing the clutch
at low speed, coming from the rear Can the rear be adjusted, shimmed or
does it need repair?
3.      The car has always been more than willing to violently brake its
tail loose when making strong deep moves such as wide U turns  Ive owned
a 64 Sprint that didnt do this and all my British cars just skid and
easily recover..What up with that?    My front end is all new, I haven't
replace any of the rear end rubber..The Tech said it was fine when I did
the front endIt did it when I had 205x60x14 Yoko AVIs and still now with
less aggressing sumimotos of the same size
4.      I have an air/fuel mixture meter installed and made the mistake of
using it to adjust the spring-loaded gear inside the airflow sensor box..
Ive gotten it to run smoother and at storch, but I cannot get it to go
full rich at WOT..Which direction should I be adjusting the gear to make
the mixture richer?
5.      LastI always liked carbs Maybe Im wrong, but I like the
simplicity of an all mechanical system  When I get the engine rebuilt..18
months from now, Im wanting to rebuild it as a euro 2000cc carbed
engineWhen enquiring about more power the L-Jet system seemed to be the
big road block.  Any comments would be appreciated

Many Thanks

I have always known that at last I would take this road
But yesterday I did not know
It would be today