RE: [alfa] g-meter

>About 15 years ago when vintage racing a 750F and a Lotus 61 Formula
Ford I
>had a device called a g-Analyst.  It consisted of an accelerometer,
>control/display unit and software.
 I believe the market has larger been taken over by multi channel DA
boxes (data acquision), data loggers that are down loaded to a computer
for analysis.  Off the top of my head they start at the Michron 3Gold for
about $600 and head for the sky, with the QuintaQ blue Mangus (sp?) being
possibly being the current state of the art.  The extra channels of data
are used to further explain the g data ( throttle position, is the driver
scared to press the pedal, suspension damper position , is the suspension
oscillating, and so on).  The use of a computer to do the analysis rather
then the on board processors means that very powerful software can be
used and changed as it becomes available, check out what Pi research has
by the way of software.

Chris Hall