[alfa] Re: Killer 147 from Autodelta

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 00:07:34 EST
Alcon98340@domain.elided wrote:

> Why would 280km/hr be any scarier in a FWD vs. RWD or AWD?
> I have owned both FWD and RWD cars, and more of the scariness
> at speed depended on my comfort level with the speed attained,
> the vehicle, and the road surface/condition. Some cars give more
> disconcerting feedback at higher speeds than others. Anyone else
> have any other thoughts, opinions, speculation, or factual knowledge
> about this?

OK it's not so much the top speed that is the issue admittedly, but the power
being put down through the same wheels you are trying to steer with. However it
isn't a myth that RWD or AWD is the preferred route to put power down for
high-performance cars, and that FWD has many poor handling characteristics, like
not being able to get oversteer except via lifting off - in most cases you don't
want to do that - oversteering by putting power down is the way to go.

Ciao

Zak