Re: [alfa] FS: 1974 Spider Project OR Parts

Dear Alfisti,

I apologize for the non-working link, I addressed the issue and it appears to be working fine now.
Here is the link once again: http://mobius.wox.org:81/alfa/

Happy holidays to all.

regards,

Tom

Tom wrote:

Hello everyone,

A few months ago I bought a '74 Spider 2000 to begin restoring.
My project hasn't taken off due to lack of funds and time, especially since the car is at my parent's in NY
and I currently live in Dallas. So I've come to a conclusion that this Spider will
have a better fate in someone else's hands.

The good points:

56,000 original miles.
No parts are missing.
74 bumpers are intact and in excellent shape with the exception of the rear being slightly bent, easily bent back.
Interior is decent with the exception of dry rotted seats.
Solid trunk, no rot or rust.

The bad points:

Car has sat for 15 years, although the previous owner drained all of the fluids less than a year ago so it does not have tar in the tank.
Both floor boards are rusted through, and have about 1 and 2 inch holes in them respectively.
The rocker panels will need attention.
Will need a new top.

I'm including a link to pictures I took when I first picked the car up, they are dark and not excellent because the camera I used wasn't so great. I will take good ones once I arrive in NY on Dec 26th.

http://mobius.wox.org:81/alfa/

I'm posting this on the list because I think this is the largest collection of alfisti who would really enjoy this project.

I will be in NY until January 11th, the car will need to be picked up with a tow truck unless I get it running while I'm there but I wouldn't recommend driving this car far.

I'm asking $700 for the whole thing and am open to offers from list members, but of course I don't want to lose too much money.

Feel free to email me privately or call 214.880.9667 between 12-8EST.

Thank you for reading everyone and have a great holiday! I hope to be back in Alfa world in the near future!

regards,

Tom Gajewski