[alfa] Fascinating yet simple gadget (G-Timer)

I'm referring to this:
http://www.escortradar.com/gtimer_faq.htm

Has anyone tried this? It's a lot of money, but looks like a fascinating little device. At it's core is a solid-state 2-axis accelerometer. From that, and by entering data about your car, it measures speeds, accelerations, cornering, braking, horsepower, etc. with no more than a power hookup to your lighter socket. The manual (linked at the bottom of the page) is also a very informative read.

Just curious what people think of something like this? A huge waste of money, a toy, or a useful tool? I've always wondered exactly how much of a lateral G my Alfa could corner at, and wouldn't mind knowing the horsepower either, although I'm just a road and not a track driver.

--Sam
'87 Graduate
Sunnyvale, CA