[alfa] GTV6 Daily Driver

Hmmm, difficult question. Comparing a GTV6 vs. a 164 for daily driving purposes is an apples vs. oranges issue (at least to me.) It depends on what you need.
I have used my GTV6 as a daily driver for 8 of the last 10 years - regardless of weather (well, in Virginia Beach, how bad can it be?) I originally bought it to commute between Raleigh NC and Virginia Beach for which it served me very well. And, for 10 years, I have loved every second of it. It has been, once sorted, a reliable and eager steed, certainly no less reliable that our (ugh!) Jeep Grand Cherokee.) Yes, the steering is hard and it does tend to overheat in the 90 degree plus summer heat here when it is not moving, but the A/C does a yeoman job. Regarding noise, most is due to the sonority of the V6 engine, which is one of the reasons we drive these cars in the first place. And, some years ago I wrote a piece for the Alfa Owner about stereos; you can hear a good one just fine. You do need to pay attention to the maintenance, though, and it can be expensive; e.g. replacing the doughnuts on the drive shaft on the '84 and earlier cars.

So, nuts to the civility of the 164 - have some fun in your life and go for a GTV6! I still drive mine every day and enjoy it even more than the day before.