[alfa] Car audio misconceptions corrected

I agree that the loud car stereos can be annoying but saying that they don't
sound very good is a bit unfair.  The quality of sound would be a lot better
inside of the car even though you can only mostly hear bass on the outside.
So the frequency range is probably out of balance rather than quality.
Remember bass has different characteristics than higher frequencies which
easily get dampened by the internals of the car when bass works with the
panels.

The components in my car add up to about $2500US now I do like the occasional
bit of dance music but I also listen to a lot of motion picture scores and
classical music.  You need that extra power to hear anything in the older
Alfa's!!!!  Especially with the windows down due to lack of air con :D

But like anything there are limits, while my B&W speakers at home are much
more fluid there is nothing like singing along in the car in the traffic with
something that sounds different and gets you involved.  Not necessarily in the
minority either as it's amazing how loud it can be inside while people can
barely hear it on the outside.

So like reviews on forums; it's the minority that people hear.