RE: [alfa] nearsided shooting brakes and such (well off-topic -- I'll stop, I promise)

well offtopic by now, but ...

"I was not aware that a shooting brake had to be a four door."

Other way around -- shooting brakes usually have two doors.  The only actual
requirement as far as I can tell in typical parlance, is that a shooting
brake was converted from a sports coupe.

"When you realize that most
people are right handed and right footed, the illogic of using your left
foot to mount a horse is even more interesting, and bicycles are commonly
mounted from the left...."

Left legs on right handed people are stronger than right legs.  The opposite
is true of left-handers.  This is because, when one needs to use a foot with
precision, such as to kick something, or land on a particular spot, one wants
to sue one's most accurate leg.  One a right handed person, this is the right
leg.  This means that the left leg is used to balance, support one's weight,
and consequently develops into the stronger leg.  You'll note right handed
sprinters launch on their left leg, jumpers jump, etc.  Cyclists and
equestrians mount on the left leg for the same reason.  You'll see this of
yourself if you happen to notice.

Regards,
Anthony White
Wellington, NZ