Re: [alfa] Milano heater fan

MCosgrove@domain.elided wrote:
 Third question:  Can the
resistors look OK but still be bad?  I still only have high speed.  The
resistors had all the wires still in place.  Evidence of them getting hot,
but looked OK.  Could the switch be bad?  Any easy way to check? The wiring
diagram in the manual sucks, and the switch is a collosal pain to remove.
The resistors are there... but are they still connected together? Excuse me for using the wrong terminology (and possibly not remembering things right... it's been a few years since I had mine apart), but there should be 3 inputs (one for each speed) and 1 output. If you measure the resistance between the input and each output the resistance should change in steps. If the resistance is off-scale then you found the break.

I believe there is a small bit of wire that bridges two of the coiled resistors together. On my old speed control, this wire had melted disabling all but the High speed. Repairing this bridge with a piece of wire and some solder fixed the speed controler.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org