[alfa] Re: Confidence level in the Milano V6

Digesti,

I may as well chime in with my Milano comments. We have had two Milanos, one
silver and one gold and both used as daily drivers in Kentucky. These are
wonderful cars until things go wrong: rust, broken cam belts, rust, wretched
belt tensioners, rust, a very poor cam belt route on a great engine, and
finally: rust.

Both cars were purchased used, and accumulated 170,000 miles between my wife
and I. Both suffered bent valves due to my negligence, and then one had two
more bent valve episodes; once from rolling backwards, and an almost
immediate failure of the subsequently replaced mechanical tensioner spring
(from a popular parts source). We loved our Milanos, and would buy a brand
new one, but bailed out from these examples due to their age, poor cam drive
design, and rust. Never again, but lots of luck to those who remain
faithful.

George Schweikle
Lexington, KY
'76 Spider