If oil leaks bother you, use the Zat tensioner. If lack of compensation for thermal expansion in an all-aluminum engine bothers you, use the original one. If you're freaked out by both, use an original tensioner with the oil feed stud filled with JB Weld so you end up with a purely spring-based tensioner. As far as turning the engine backwards goes, the Zat tensioner makes it a non-issue, and while he original tensioner is theoretically susceptible, I have yet to hear of anyone damaging anything. Don't let the timing belt keep you from buying a V6 Alfa.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6

--On Saturday, December 13, 2003 9:47 PM +0000 alfa-digest <owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided> wrote:

Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:22:33 -0600
From: "Gregory Youngblood" <greg@domain.elided>
Subject: What is your confidence level in the Milano V6? (was RE: [alfa]
Re: What I want)

In fact, in a 1997 European Car article, the Milano was
listed as the best bargain of used daily drivers.   I have to agree.
Was that the V6 Milanos or the 4 cylinders?

I'm (hopefully) about to get a Milano (ok, my second -- after having to
sell my first, but I only drove the 1st a couple of times since it was in
MN and I wasn't) that I plan to use as a daily driver for both my wife
and I. I know I'll be putting some money into it early on. You usually do
when you get a new used car.

What has me the most concerned is the timing belt "issues" that the v6s
suffer.