Other than that, the engines are pretty bulletproof and the L-Jetronic FI is foolproof and reliable.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6

On Dec 13, 2003, at 1:47 PM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:22:33 -0600
From: "Gregory Youngblood" <greg@domain.elided>
Subject: What is your confidence level in the Milano V6? (was RE: [alfa] Re: What I want)

In fact, in a 1997 European Car article, the Milano was
listed as the best bargain of used daily drivers.   I have to agree.
Was that the V6 Milanos or the 4 cylinders?

I'm (hopefully) about to get a Milano (ok, my second -- after having to sell
my first, but I only drove the 1st a couple of times since it was in MN and
I wasn't) that I plan to use as a daily driver for both my wife and I. I
know I'll be putting some money into it early on. You usually do when you
get a new used car.

What has me the most concerned is the timing belt "issues" that the v6s
suffer.