[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #1014 GTV - LSD

Tom,

A '73 GTV axle assembly should fit in any other 105/115 series Alfa and it
is a 22% limited slip in stock form. I put a '72 axle in my '71 Spider after
ARI's Bob Little sent a letter indicating a dealer "could" have ordered an
Alfa with LSD in 1971. Without a LSD, the car had serious inside rear wheel
spin when driven aggressively. After adding the LSD, the car was an SCCA
Solo 2/Autocross terror for many years. The '73 GTV is probably a 4:56:1
ratio, but this was changed to 4.12:1 sometime around the introduction of
the series 4 spiders.

George Schweikle
Lexington, KY
'76 Spider