[alfa] Milano Automatics

I'm looking at purchasing a Milano with an automatic in the near future. I
was wondering what the "collective wisdom" of the AD is regarding the autos.

Specifically, are they pretty reliable as they age? How complex are they --
in other words are they so unique as to preclude them from being service at
a reputable automatic tranny shop? Do any other cars (other than Alfa) use
the same or similar tranny?

Ideally I'd get a stick, but I want my wife to enjoy the car and she prefers
autos over manuals so this will be an effort to really win her over as much
as it is for me to get another Alfa. ;) [Yes, that's it, just keep telling
yourself it's for her.]

Anything to watch for, look for, avoid, advice in general regarding
automatic milanos?

Thanks,
Greg