	Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:51:36 +0100
	From: Jacob Haagerup <digest@domain.elided>
	Subject: [alfa] 105 light switch R&R

	Digestibles.

	The light switch in my GT has gained the irritating habit of
switching
	off the front marker lights along with the instrument lights and
most
	seriously also the rears. If i pull the stalk ever so slightly
towards
	me they turn back on.

	My fix at the moment is a wedge of paper which maintains pressure on
	the stalk since it is annoying, difficult and also somewhat
dangerous
	to be driving along at 180 kmh with one hand on the wheel - what? Oh
	no, I never drive that fast - I swear.

	Anyway, I reckon the steering wheel has to come off to get at the
	switch (which in itself will be pain^H^H^H^H interesting) but what
will
	I in the estimation of the digest be facing once I get to the switch
	and will it be fixable? New ones are hard to come by and expensive I
	understand, so I'd rather prolong the life of the one I have - in
true
	shade-tree alfisto fashion.

	Any advice and experience by the digesters is welcome (in particular
	besides the *fit relays* advice which I am probably going to do
anyway).

	TIA

	Jacob Haagerup,
	1975 GT 1600 Jr. M 1.8