[alfa] Winter Projects!

Okay... Just finished my last final (blew them away, too) which means my parents will let me keep the car. Which in turn means I need to make it run well, because it's gonna take at least another six months until I can afford my British tow truck/winter beater. So, I once again plead with the fine folks of the list for support.

1st problem - hit a puddle = runs like crap. Seems like water getting into the distributor, but are there any other possible problems? I'm also running rich, which is giving me 18 miles per gallon (average over about 800 miles) but I know most of the stuff to work through for this one.

2nd problem - my tires suck... anybody stuck 185/60-14s on a '78ish Spider (Smallest size Bridgestone makes in the RE950)? Will I be rubbing? What about after I upgrade to stiffer suspension and lower springs (1" down in front?). Any advice is appreciated.

3rd problem - the top leaks. Is this normal? hahahahahahahahahaha. oh, I crack myself up!

4th problem - banging on the driveshaft tunnel when i accelerate hard in 1st (and sometimes in 2nd). This one really worries me, because it sounds expensive and no matter where I put my computer, it won't tell me what's wrong.

I think that's about it for now... Oh, and to the people who were wondering about exhausts, I'm running a "yes officer it's legal" piece of exhaust tube to stock everything else. Sounds slightly more vrippy, and no more rattle from the cheap aftermarket cat.

Thanks in advance, y'all!
Ben Kaupp
'78 Spider (new license plate: VIII LEG)