[alfa] Cam lock tabs, and alternatives

I was searching around for some of these, they seem to be going extinct. John Norman had some, but I was told that they don't currently have a supplier.
So, I was wondering in the face of possible new unobtainable part (not that something like this should be pretty easy and cheap for a supplier to make, or even a Alfisti) I was wondering if people do something else here, a loctite or some other solution? I think the racing crowd might be changing cam timing on a fairly regular basis (or does everyone have dedicated race cars nowadays?) does one use a locktab each and every time? And, there's that pesky removal of the entire cam to have the clearance to take off the nut to actually change the locktab.

I'd like to hear that one can forgo them for some other method, but then again, I don't want to have my sprocket come loose at 6500 rpm, either...

Group mind comments encouraged

Jon
77 Spider