[alfa] RE: Removing the engine and tranny tips?

Damien,

Moving the engine hook one set of bolts forward will allow the rear of
the engine-tranny
combination to hang lower when hoisting them out and more easily clear
the chassis cross
member near the top of the radiator. Else the tranny tower and
protruding shifter stub
will rub very hard on the transmission hump sheet metal. And don't
forget to apply a
worm-gear hose clamp to the shifter stub before hoisting to prevent
losing the spherical
plates closing off the tranny tower.
Hoisting the engine-tranny this way you don't need to raise the car's
rear end - just leave
leave the wheels on so you can push the car back after the tranny clears
the chassis cross
member.

Gil,
1985 Spider