From: Jeff Greenfield [mailto:alfaguy@domain.elided]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 11:05 AM
To: 'Jonathan Thames'; alfa@domain.elided
Subject: RE: rDNS: RE: [alfa] spider heater valve

<Do you have to release the cable from the hood
latch and pull the cable out through the sheath?>

Bingo, we have a winner :-)

There might very well be a way to remove the cable from the release handle,
but if so I have not figured it out. Open the hood, place a rag or towel
over the latch for safety, and loosen the bolt that holds the cable to the
latch. Withdraw the cable from the sheath as you extract the knee bolster.

You can feed the cable back through the sheath pretty easily as you
re-assemble things. The cable might get caught right at the end of the
sheath as it goes in, but I've never had much difficulty getting it to go
back through.

Jeff