RE: [alfa] Re: Return Postponed (again!)

> This is ridiculous. If there are any Alfa enthusiasts who still have any
> patience left to wait for the new models someday, I think you deserve some
> sort of award.
>
> Me, I'm a new car guy, and I'm not exactly getting any younger as
> the years
> go by. So I'm signing off of the list until I receive some
> credible news of
> their actual return and only when US customers can begin to place orders
> will I return to this list.

Sorry to see the Alfa community shrinking because of this.

I started to write something last week on this thread.  Someone gave a long
laundry list of things that go wrong with the new cars sold elsewhere and
how we probably don't want them.  I stopped before I sent this rant, but it
needs to be said.

I feel very strongly that Alfa is dead.   It's now Fiat.

Fiat have screwed Alfa and their fans for the last 8 years.   They've
screwed themselves to the point of virtual bankruptcy.  As far as I'm
concerned, they can keep them.   They've ignored a large market, they've
ignored the fan base, they've ignored the parts supply by closing ARDONA,
they've ignored the heritage by closing Arese.

I relish every piece of bad financial news coming from Italy on Fiat.   I
long for their demise.  I have every confidence Alfa will be bought and
saved once the Fiat grip is released.   The only way that will happen is if
Fiat finally die the slow painful death they've been asking for.

Ok, off my soap box now.

-Peter

'87 Verde
'86 Spider