[alfa] 164 wheel size

The standard wheel for the 164LS says 15x6 H2 40, which I gather means a 40
mm setback.  I am looking at some inexpensive replacement wheels (VOX MGR)
that are 15x7 with a setback of 35.  Does anyone a) have firsthand with
these wheels fitting a 164 (1994 LS in my case) and b) know if in general
terms that size and setback will work?  Assuming the wheels fit, what is the
proper tire size?  Thanks much!!