[alfa] torque rod

>Hi Folks,
>
>Anyone know how to eliminate a pesky rocking motor syndrome on the 164?
>
>I've replaced the rear and torque rod mounts to no avail.  I've tried
>different adjustments on the torque rod via the threaded preload rod.  I've
>tried neutral and a preload (in direction of engine movement under
>acceleration) setting and the preload helped for a short while, but it still
>jerks annoyingly on throttle lift off.
>
>The other 2 mounts seem to be in good shape, and the idle vibration is
>"normal".

If the motor is jerky, something else is wrong. I have 4 164s to sample
from. The front lower mount is likely torn. It gets pulled on under load.
It will look ok but with a pry bar under it, you will likely see a big rip.

I've always adjusted the rod to be neutral when at rest. I see no reason to
pre load it. The large bushing is designed to have play both directions.

Bill Harkell
AlfaBill LLC
Tampa Florida USA
http://www.alfabill.com