[alfa] Spider seat foam

I finally decided to try the Spider seat bottom foam replacement that IAP
sells; it arrived today, and doesn't look anything like the seats I have in
my '86 Veloce.  In particular, there is no wire frame on which to clip the
upholstery, and the wire frame from the old seat (which I accessed by
destructively removing it from the old foam - which I think maybe I will
regret) doesn't look like it will fit into the slots cut in the new foam.

Has anyone else had success with one of these?  I've been a sporadic reader
of this list the last several months, so missed any relevant discussion,
though a search at archive.net didn't turn anything up.

Stupidly seatless in Honolulu,
David R.