Re: [alfa] Changing Spica Fuel Filter

Aha... that was the one thing I didn't try. It looked so small that I didn't think it would go all the way thru and be the holddown. Probably would have gotten to it eventually...

Ended up with a Technocarb (which I think is the "good" brand) filter, it came with the three seal rings.. large ones are square, while the little one is an O.

Forgetting if the rear tank or this front one is the more critical of the two, and is Technocarb the choice for the rear or not.. Got some other brand I don't remember now for the tank filter.

Jon
77 Spider
Irvine, CA

Jeff Greenfield wrote:

Jon -
There is a single hex bolt (11mm head maybe?) in the center of the top of
the housing. Remove this and the filter and the blue plastic cover will come
off together.

You may have to unbolt the housing from the inner fender to actually have
enough room to snake the filter out. (no need to disconnect anything else
though).

There are three 'o' rings inside that should be changed with the filter.
There are two large ones top and bottom, and one little one in the center.
These should have been included with the new filter.

HTH,

Jeff