From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of Jon
Pike
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 7:33 PM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Changing Spica Fuel Filter

OK..  this is a silly question,  but I'm a bit stumped having never done
one of these..

I bought new filters,  both tank and front.  The tank filter is of
course not an issue.  How do you remove the front filter from it's fitting?

Mine has a blue plastic cover, held together with plastic welded
rivets.. and no obvious screw, bolt or clamp to remove it.  I can twist
it around and around,  and have tried prying it apart with a screwdriver
(whole blue cover from metal fitting block) with enough force that I
don't wan't to put much more on it.

Does this pop off or is there some other secret?  Looking at the new
filter can isn't giving me much  in the way of clues.

Jon
77 Spider
Irvine, CA