[alfa] Tree sap

>PS:  Does anyone know a reasonable way to get tree sap
>off your beloved car's paint job?  I hate sappy
>trees...I'd be much happier if they were all stoic.

If they are small dots of sap, there is a clay that you can
rub on the car to get it off. A brand name is Miracle Clay,
I think, but JC Whitney has a version that is cheaper.

You get a small container with soap water as a lubricant,
and rub like a wet sanding operation. I like to use a spray
bottle with dish soap water - heavy on the soap. Knead the clay
often to get the deposits off the surface of the clay and
change the clay when it gets grainy, or ideally, before it
gets grainy. It's hard to avoid swirls, so a good polish and/or
wax after might be necessary.

Stefano
Oakland, CA