[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #976 - Spider wiring diagram

In a message dated 11/24/2003 4:34:28 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:48:35 +0000
From: "M Smith" <gtv684@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Spider wiring diagram

Well, all these years ignoring Spider posts has finally bit me in the arse!
I've recently aquired an 82 Spider with some problems and am in need of a
wiring diagram. I have access to all sorts of printers so large poster size
would be just wonderfull!! Actually, i'll take anything about 1982 type
Spiders that anyone has to offer.......

Mark in Kentucky
84 GTV6
Couple of Alfettas
and now an 82 Spider!?
    Buy the reprint of the Alfa loose leaf shop manual.  They were issued
about 1985.  They are readily available from the usual sources.  They have
several wiring diagrams.
    Your 82 spider is virtually identical to the 85, mechanically.  There are
some unique things about the 82.  It is the earlier body style with the new L
Jetronic mechanicals.  There are several small detail differences such as the
grill bolts to the bottom of the bumper, not to the lower valence.  And the
lower valence has a long oval radiator opening rather than the sharp V of the
earlier cars.
    It is a transition Alfa, so enjoy it.

Ciao,
Russ Neely