[alfa] yellow Carello lenses?

I'm quite sure Joe Elliott's youthful fingers no doubt slipped when he
keyed in the wrong source for yellow lenses: "I'm pretty sure that
http://www.talbotco.com has yellow 5.75" lamps from Cibie. Going for
that '70s French look?"

*****

Actually the Cibie lenses are not yellow - there is a yellow covering
over the bulb (not on the bulb itself although 'French' yellow bulbs are
available by special order). If one looks into the lamp directly from
the front, it appears to be yellow, from the side you realize the lens
is not yellow.

If Benjamin from Oz is looking for Maserati lenses for a Maserati, I
can't help. However, if he is looking for the smaller 5.75" fog lights
used on 105 1750's for instance, I can help - maybe.

Even the US version mounting rings are not compatible with the 'yellow'
Cibie's and require modifying. I gather it is not a big deal, but some
prefer not to go through the ordeal. Not having one of these cars
available, I can't give specific instructions as to what to do or
possibly come up with a 'universal' mounting ring.

What you got in Oz land, not a clue. There might be some tie-in as to
what you received on the 5.75" (146 mm) lamps on 'your' Alfettas.

Should you care to order the 'yellow' 5.75" lamps, what Young Master
Elliott meant to key in was: http://www.alfacybersite.com/ACSCibhl.html.
They're not shown, but don't believe they're shown on
'the other' site either. But will be happy to take your order with the
understanding you're on your own, mounting wise. Email and I'll send
prices and availability.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA