[alfa] Re: reliability

    Yes - I agree with Joe that with proper care almost any car can be
reliable.  The simpler the better, tho IMHO.  Carbs and aftermarket el ign
on an older 4 cyl Alfa make them more reliable than the fuel injected 4's
and 6's in my experience - fewer pieces of the puzzle to fail, and no timing
belts!  When something does go wrong it's usually something you can fix by
the side of the road with common hand tools, duct tape, RTV, baling wire,
etc (include YOUR favorite spares here).  Computers are wonderful things for
communication, but I personally don't want one talking to my engine!  Let's
all enjoy our Alfas on the way to grandma's house for turkey this Thursday.
Cheers, ("give me Webers or give me death") Ron.