[alfa] Duetto. Missing Something?

Beatle Bayly from the land of Oz recently made an astute purchase: "I
finally took delivery of my new toy today ('67 Duetto RHD)..."

*********
Congratulations and yes, you have a couple of items missing. Both the
front and rear of the wheel wells have removable panels. I have a friend
who removes them from any Alfa Spider he owns and throws them away.
Forget his reason, but I certainly wouldn't.

A1: Does your car have covered headlamps? I've not worked on Spiders
which has them, so am not an expert, but the front wheel well cover
should have a removable round panel where the headlamp bucket goes when
mounting from behind (when using the headlamp covers). Bottom line, is
I'd try to find a pair.

A?2: When you figure out what I call the 'floating bow' please take
sharp photos and send to me. Even though all current tops for these cars
come with the two dangling pieces of thin fabric to wrap around the bow
(as there is for the other two) it is questionable if one should use
them or not for 'the floater'. Every Round-Tail I've worked on has had
the fabric ripped out. Also, I'm willing to bet you have two posts which
the bow should (I guess) theoretically on when the top is closed. I'm
told (perhaps falls under urban myth) they originally had a piece of
plastic on the top of the bumps.

The first top I did was for the clients who'd bought their car new. It
had two (looked like military issue) green adjustable belts which pulled
the bow vaguely into place as the top was pulled up. Can't remember
exactly what it looked like, but there was an original looking something
or other which held the belts to the front piece. One still had to put
the bow on top of the bumps by hand to make the top stretch and look
correct.

Not much help, eh?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Happy motoring, even if it is on the wrong side of the road.