[alfa] squeaky 71 spider

In a message dated 11/21/2003 5:45:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:
After driving for a few minutes, a rythmic "squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak"
can be heard, frequency of squeak noises responds to road speed changes
(faster = squeaksqueaksqueaksqueak, slower= squeak ... squeak ...
squeak). Turning the wheel increases the volume of the squeak, centering
it reduces it. Disappears entirely when brakes are applied.

I thought this was dragging rear brake pads, but now I'm nowhere near so
sure. Is this a symptom of bearing trouble?

Scott Johnson
71 1750 Spider
I think your rear suspension is at the sagging point (nothing personal) and
you are thus hearing the rear tires scraping.  This is standard maintenance
every 30 years or so.

Wish I still had my 71!

Charlie
LA, CA, USA