RE: [alfa] checking out a potential purchase

> My goal with this car is to buy it if it's straightforward to get it
> running. I don't want to put huge lumps of cash into it since I
> don't have
> huge lumps of cash.

Make sure you do a compression test.  AMHIK about that one!

A non-running car also doesn't allow you to check out other things like the
clutch, transmission noises etc.  You take a big risk with sinking huge
lumps of cash into unforeseen issues with the car beyond the no-start
problem.

I just went through this myself as did Jon Pike last summer.   Take a few
minutes to go back through the Digest archives to see what experience others
have had.   It might scare you out of the car altogether.

-Peter