RE: [alfa] re: Picking up a car in Buffalo, NY Storage is that bad?

> So you mean to tell me that a car that has been in storage like this
can be
> prone to having a few things rotted away or may need to have alot
replaced?????
> Oh no. Well, I paid $680 for it and a Alfa shop is going to check it
out
> tomorrow.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&;
> category=5356&item=2442068551

It all depends.

On more than one ocassion I've pulled an Alfa out of 3+ years of
storage, turned the key, and gone off and driven it like it was parked
the day before, with no ill effects.  The most serious problems I've
encountered have been frozen calipers in pistons.

The worst case was a Spider I bought from APE that had been parked for
17 years!  There was some crud in the gas tank that required it to be
removed and cleaned, but none of the rubber or brakes were touched.
That car was driven as is from San Jose to Mass with no problems at all.

Good luck,

bs