[alfa] Don's Sputtering 164

From: "Daegrigg (Don)" <daegrigg@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] 164 Intermittent power loss

164L starts OK but has no power below about 3- 4000 rpm.  I have to nurse the
throttle to get it up there and then the engine seems to pull OK.  Idle is
rough.  Once the car is rolling, I get power only by nearly flooring the
throttle.

This problem occurred a few times earlier but "fixed itself" within a few
seconds.  Today we had a deluge and that's when the problem wouldn't go away.

Got the car home and did a quick check of the AFM, temp sensor, idle, and
min-max connections.  None was loose but I suspect the temp sensor connection
is bad.

Don, you might now want to check the cap and rotor, as well as the connector
from the coil. Any intermittants at any one of these places can give the
symptoms you describe: very rough and powerless when at lower RPMs, and picks
up under greater RPMs/current). Keep us posted.

Regards

AD

--
Adam S. Doherty