RE: [alfa] 105 gearboxes.

> With regard to gearboxes, Ed wrote:
> "There was a change in 73 or 74, I think. The length of the
> gear selector rods changed. "
>
> Can anyone be more specific as to when the gearboxes changed?
>  I only have parts books until the 1750 at the moment, so
> can't check this myself.  Alternatively, what were the
> gearbox numbers before and after the change?  The GTV I'm
> restoring is a '73 2000, so if the change was around '73, I
> imagine I'm going to have to check which I have.

For the 1750/2000 gearboxes, I don't think you need to worry, as long as
the box comes with the bellhousing.

There was an open and a closed style bellhousing, you need the right
bellhousing for whatever kind of box you have.  Once you have the
correct box/bellhousing, they are pretty much interchangeable with each
other.

As stated earlier, neither one will interchange with the cable actuated
clutch style bellhousings.

bs