RE: [alfa] Head cleaning...

Mark;
Lots of people do it but I'd recommend not blasting. The glass will fragment
and may get embedded in the metal (or more likely get lodged somewhere where
you cannot remove).
2 points of reference  -
1. in the aerospace industry (overhauling helicopter transmissions) some
parts/surfaces that have been media/shot blasted are put through an etch to
remove any trace of specific particles that may have embedded in the parent
metal.
2. My experience in Alfas - once blasted an intake manifold (glass
bead)...thought I had it cleaned out.  Reassembled engine and it immediately
started pushing a lot of oil.  Took apart - appeared that I badly scored 2
liners with whatever was left in the "cleaned" intake.

Haven't had an engine part I couldn't clean with WD-40, engine degreaser,
and various types of brushes....just takes a little longer.
(FWIW - Walnut shells are the only thing I've heard recommended, but they
are not as aggressive so may take even longer than doing it by hand)

Good luck.

Kevin
84 GTV6
74 Spider