Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:41:51 -0600
From:  "John Katos"  <john_katos@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Re: Non Power Milano Steering

Dave, All,

I ran a Milano Platinum for over three years without power to the
power steering. It all started with over cooking turn four at
Blackhawk Raceway at the CAROC time trials. I blew the left seal
causing a lot of smoke. I cut the power steering belt and continued
the days festivities. Over three years later I junked the rusted out
hulk. My arms are not noticeably bigger and the only suffering I have
incurred is a slight strain when parallel parking and the occasional
jibe from my son and Mike Besic whenever they noticed and remembered
how long I had been driving without power to the power steering. I did
NOT find the steering significantly harder on the Milano than my son's
GTV6. In fact with his seat lowered and the angle of steering wheel I
found the Milano steering easier.