Re: [alfa] Drowned 164

I have found better luck hitting large water pools at higher speeds to drive through the hazard more quickly, certainly higher than 5 mph!  At least 35 mph usually works...  That's why the Ford Explorer used to be referred to as the "Exploder"...

OK, not so funny.  But if you need access to the schematics, go to http://alfalover.dhs.org  this site is down right now, but the owner has the schematics available on-line for the 24 valve...

I would pull out your intake runners, air filter and air-mass sensor and look for signs of water ingress.  Let it all dry out!  If this seems clear and dry, try turning over the engine (once you blown stuff out with compressed air) and have someone feel for exhaust/ breathing.  Maybe you can park the car on a hill to drain some water out of the exhaust if that is a problem.  In the meantime, you may just want to disconnect the exhaust at the header pipe (it is easy on that vehicle).

Good luck...

--
- Jason Hagen
Chicago, IL