[alfa] Re: leaking power steering pump

Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 05:51:39 -0800
From: "Michael P" livebait1@domain.elided

Subject: [alfa] Leaking power steering pump

>Michael writes:

I've got a leak from the power steering pump that appears to be coming
from
one of the big "screws" near the pulley of the pump.  i'm not even sure
that
these are screws that can be tighted/removed, but i know the leak is not
from the resevoir/pump hose or the hydrolic hose to the rack.

Micheal.

I doubt that your leak is from a loose piston bore screw; most likely
from where the two halves of the pump body join together.  Wash it with
Brake-Kleen and then run the motor.  If it seeps at the center seam, the
o-rings are toast.  If so, you can DIY.  You're welcome to contact me
off-digest and I'll tell you how.

Graham L. Davis, Various Alfas, St. Louis, MO