[alfa] RE: How rare are early Spiders?

I wouldn't say they're rare, but certainly less of them the the rubber bumpered 75's on. IMHO, I think the early 70s are much more desirable from an aesthetic standpoint as well as a performance (smogged) standpoint. The bumpers are like gold. When I bought mine, the first question I asked about was how the bumper were. 69s were boattails. 70s were not imported, therefore the first KammTail was 71 (1750cc).

Your present bumper may have a crease in it, but it might be saved. Have you taken it to a metal shop to see if they can straighten it? It's not chrome over iron, you know. It's solid stainless steel that can be sanded/ground down and repolished to almost chrome like luster. Make sure whoever you talk to at the shop knows that.