[alfa] Notable past events in Alfa history...

Hi Fellow Alfisti,

Each year the Watkins Glen Grand Prix Festival honors one marque. In addition to special events to honor the chosen marque, posters, t-shirts and other memorabilia featuring the marque are produced for participants. Two festivals ago the 50th anniversary of the Mini Cooper was honored and this year it was the Corvette that was featured. This coming year the festival will celebrate the MG. Soon the festival's committee will be selecting the marque for 2005. Since weight is usually given to a significant event in history that would support honoring the marque (introduction of car or model, significant engineering event, or significant world racing win, etc.) I was wondering if anyone knew of an event that would suggest arguing for the Alfa in 2005, 2006, or beyond. So, pick your brains, dig out your favorite alfa books and send along your recommendations.

Yes, if you're wondering, it was Don Banfiled's note (Hitting Critters (or not)... nimble=good) about missing two dear on the way home from the Watkins Glen Grand Prix festival, and the kind words he had for the Sporting Roadster Tour event that I chair, that made me ponder the possibility of being able to argue for the Alfa Romeo as the featured marque for a future festival.

How's this, I will send a nice jacket patch of the Grand Prix Festival to the individual making the best suggestion, as determined by the list. One more thing, if you're vaguely interested in driving your car in one of the festival tours, you should probably get your registration sent in soon as MG enthusiasts are quickly grabbing up slots in all events. This link will give you more information <http://www.grandprixfestival.com/participant.html>.

Cheers, --jim

'67 Duetto