From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Daegrigg (Don)
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 5:56 PM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Help with Strut Nut

Replacing the front struts on the 164L,  I can't get the top nut holding the
spring etc.  Everything was fine until this point, especially with the
clamshell spring compression tool I rented.  Problem is that the shock
center
rod rotates when you try to loosen the nut.  There is a Allen key at the top
of the rod but can't get at the key while using a socket on the nut.

What is the key here.  Looks like a trip to the local service station with
an
impact wrench is the only option.

Any favorite (secret) ways of doing this?

Thanks,

Don