[alfa] Re: paint jobs

My 1986 Spider is looking a little tired. Structurally perfect with no rust
anywhere, but it looks like a car that lives in New England. After looking for
a paint shop that would do a paint job, I worked out a deal at a place I would
not have suspected: the body shop at the dealership where I have my wife's
Cadillac serviced. The manager takes a couple of cars as winter projects for his
men to work on when things are slow. We agreed on fifteen hundred dollars for
a bumper-off, same color paint job, with the hood and trunk lid back to bare
metal, primed and refinished. I had to talk him into OEM paint instead of base
and clearcoat, but he was happy to do it. And I don't have to keep the car in
my own garage all winter. It might be worth checking body shops at smaller
dealerships.