[alfa] Alfa 156 Cam belt service

Fellow Alfisti,

Hi from Downunder.
A couple of us with year 2000 Alfa 156 Twin Sparks (2 liter), are getting close to needing to change the Cam belt at the
recommended 60,000 kms service interval.

Unlike for the Alfa 75's, there seems to be absolutely no aftermarket information on how to service these cars.  We have
recently had a quote from a dealer for an obscene amount of money to change the belt, justified through the need for
the "special tools".

So, what can we do?  Has anyone done this under the shade tree?

Any help at all with dealing with service issues on these cars would be appreciated.

Cheers,
david
--
David Masters,