[alfa] Re: GTV6 won't start

Henrik:

>The fuel pump is running when given direct power from the battery.
>
>It does not, however, run when the starting key is turned, so no gas is
>delivered.

-  Undo the large, black intake hose from the airflow meter, which is
located on top of the air box.

-  Turn the ignition to the "on" position

-  Slide your fingers into the open end of the airflow meter, and open the
spring-loaded flap slightly, by pushing it toward the passenger-side
fender.  This takes very little force.

When the flap opens slightly, you should hear the fuel pump begin running.
When you release the flap, the fuel pump should shut off.

-  If you don't hear the pump run, it's time to start chasing the
electrical problem.

-  If the pump does run, I'd recommend installing a fuel pressure gauge,
and checking that the fuel pressure is around 37 psi.

Rich Wagner
Montrose, CO
'82 GTV6 Balocco