[alfa] Of Sperry Valve works and 2.5 ltrs.

I seem to have missed all of the discussions about the problems
that others have had with Sperry.  Please mail me off list to share
you recent experiences (good or bad).  So what's the verdict?
Is Mike still in business?  I have a couple of heads around that
I have wanted to send to him for a while and have been putting it
off.  If Sperry is out of business does anyone have any other
recommendations for someone that can build a proven performance
head or two?

Second issue, I have been slowly restoring my old Platinum (285K miles)
I truly love this car which is why I amy going to the effort of fixing it.  I
am
still out on the decision of the engine. Due to the rather low value of the
car :)
this will be the one that I hotrod.  I know what I will be doing for
suspension
and body work but haven't decided what to do with the engine.  I actually
have two 2.5 liters around.  I have always liked the 2.5 over  the 3.0 in my
Verde.  The 2.5 just revs better and runs smoother.  The problem I am faced
with
is should I dump a bunch of money into the 2.5 only to end up with the same
HP that I would have had with the 3.0 stock?  It doesn't seem like anyone is
building these things anymore.  Has anyone had good success with getting
decent HP out of the 2.5?  Any dyno results?  What did you do?  Good 3.0's
are getting harder to find and for the price of one I could have new pistons
and
cams in the 2.5.  Any ideas out there?  Maybe a supercharger or turbo?
Anyone done the 2.8 thing? Maybe I should just try to find a 24V and go big.

Thanks

Dave McCrory
Maryville TN
87' Platinum