[alfa] Re: Spica timing

In AD v9n933, Biba writes something about SPICA and distributor timing and
being confused.

Gotta say, Biba, I'm a little confused as to what you have out of synch and
are trying to adjust, but I'll take a stab and offer my recent experience on
rebuilding the Alfetta GT and the proper SPICA injection for it. Hope I cover
what you're looking for.

I installed the oil pump/front cover/distributor pieces and aligned them
according to the book (I think you haven't messed with this, but bear with me). I
then loosened the distributor body clamp and rotated the dizzy until no. 1 was
forward most and the adjustment slot had the stud centered.

I tightened the body clamp, rough timed the dizzy, and tightened everything
down.

I then aligned the SPICA pump on the marks and turned the engine crank cc
(anti-clockwise for those who don't have experience with the injection but find
the subject fascinating anyway) to the 'I' mark and installed the belt.

The dizzy followed the crank movement in perfect order and remained in its
perfect 'rough time' state. All this was with the engine out of the car and on
the stand.

Once the engine was installed, the dizzy timing was adjusted more or less
properly (another story, nothing to do with SPICA timing, however). Wes double
checked the SPICA timing while I had it into his shop and gave me passing marks
for SPICA pump reinstallation.

Does any of this cover your original question?

Tom
Seattle
6310123
7711615