[alfa] The more robust oil pressure sender

I have had a few inquires for the alternative oil pressure sender that I
mentioned earlier.  I was holping that Bill Harkell would chime in with his
experience, but he may be busy with the family and the Subarus.  My own
experience with this sender has been great, but please use it (and my advice)
at your own risk.  Here are a few warnings followed by the part number:

1. These senders come with a different type of wiring connector - easy to fix
2. The senders have a tapered threaded fitting (NPT) rather than the straight
threaded area of the Alfa unit.  They screw in just fine, but the copper
washer can not be used since the senders don't have a flat bottom and don't
screw in all the way down.  Just tighten the sender until it feels tight
(overdoing it may damage the threads on the engine - do not attempt it if you
don't have a good feel for what reasonable tightness is).  I have installed
seven of these on my own Alfas without a leak or other problems.
3. The biggest problem in my opinion is dealing with the supplier, the JC
whitney catalog!  If you ever ordered from them you know what I mean.  Keep
your orders simple and expect the unexpected.  Perhaps a brave soul can order
them in bulk and make it available to other digest members.  I volunteer
someone else!

The part is listed as a sending unit for one of their gauges on the page that
has all the other gauges.  It is part number 12-6162 and sells for about $25,
but sometimes goes on sale for about $18.

I will spare you the story of how I came across this find.....

Farzan (in CT)