[alfa] Oil pressure

Just curious. As compared to a fresh 4-cylinder Alfa engine, are new
cars running with less, more, or about the same oil pressure? They're
definitely using 'thinner' oils. For wont of a comparison, anyone know
what the Honda S2000 oil pressure is at normal operating temperature?

I was quite concerned that shortly after I bought (slightly used) my
Alfetta GT in '78 the oil pressure was quite low. Dave Vegher,
considered the Alfa guru at the time, said I undoubtedly had at least a
couple of plugs out of the crankshaft, maybe more, but not to
worry...too much. I kept the revs down then finally decided it was
worrying me more than the work of removing the oil pan and replacing. I
believe there were three missing and when checking a rod and crank
bearing, they looked pristine. Obviously oil pressure went up.

Is it safe to assume there is a fair degree of a safety factor, oil
pressure wise, on the 4-cylinder?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA